CFRW maintains a fulltime . Through our advocate's Capitol Update we are provided with constant monitoring of activities surrounding our State Capitol and of importance to the members of our federation. This email alert newsletter is a subscription only newsletter for members of the federation only.
As we proceed through the State Legislative Year many bills are worth studying and warrant further education. These are not necessarily bills and legislation on which we have taken a position as an organization but items that we continue to monitor.
You can also track your own Legislation at: California State Legislature web site
CFRW LEGISLATION PROPOSALS
Every CFRW member(s) has the opportunity to create legislation proposals for the CFRW Legislative Advocate to promote to California's State Legislators on CFRW's behalf.
GOAL: To use our CFRW Advocate/Lobbyist to promote our members' proposed legislation. The legislation will benefit California women and/or families.
GUIDELINES FOR A ONE PAGE PROPOSAL
- STATE THE PROBLEM: One paragraph expressing the problem forcing a need for legislation.
- OUTLINE THE SOLUTION: One or two brief paragraphs outlining the solution, contained in your legislation.
- ESTIMATE THE COST: One paragraph explaining the estimated, approximate costs of your legislation, once it has passed the legislature.
- LIST THE BENEFITS: Number each benefit (keeping each brief) derived from the legislation.
- LIST POTENTIAL SUPPORTERS: List organizations; companies; prominent individuals; legislators; agencies, etc.
- STATE PRECEDENTS: Show any similar legislation, in another state or locale, or at the federal level.
- ADDRESS POSSIBLE OPPOSITION: List each potential opposition you can foresee.
- LIST PROPOSAL WRITERS: List them, including their contact information.
- PRESENT A SAMPLE OF THE SOLUTION: At your discretion, attach no more than one page showing how your legislation would work.
Prepared by CFRW members:
Joanie Brown, San Luis Obispo CFRW
Ruth Brackett, San Luis Obispo CFRW
Leslie Halls, San Luis Obispo CFRW
Sandy Brantingham, Santa Lucia CFRW